Stuck in the house much?! Well now’s the time to brush up on your pizza making skills. I have teamed up with Bogle Vineyards to create a state-themed pizza to match with their delectable wines. Perfectly paired with a glass of Bogle Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, my Lone Star Skillet Pizza features bourbon-infused tomato sauce, BBQ pulled pork, jalapeños, crushed pecans, and Mexican cheese. Bookmark this post to save the recipe and learn more about how you can enter the Bogle Vineyards’ United States of Pizza recipe competition by scrolling to the bottom of the post.
LONE STAR SKILLET PIZZA
- 16 oz. pizza dough
- 1/2 c. BBQ pulled pork
- 1/2 c. Mexican cheese (shredded)
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 2 tbs. crushed pecans
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 1 jalapeño (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 9” skillet with oil.
- Roll out the pizza dough and press it into the skillet evenly. Sprinkle the garlic powder along the crust edge.
- Mix the tomato paste and bourbon together and then spread on the dough.
- Top the pizza with the cheese, pulled pork, and pecans. Place in the oven and bake approximately 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Top with freshly sliced jalapeños and enjoy with a glass of Bogle Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc.
Get in on the fun by entering the Bogle Vineyards’ United States of Pizza recipe competition yourself! Visit boglepizza.com to learn more!
Special thanks to Bogle Vineyards for sending me the wine and swag package for this post.