This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
If you have ever hosted a holiday gathering at your home, then you know there is one snag that is hard to overcome. I’m talking pre-meal snacking! Your guests have arrived, the hot cider has been poured, but dinner is still an hour or two from being served. So what do your guests start doing? Snacking on anything they can get their hands on. But fret not, for I have come up with a delicious solution… Autumn Nachos and Savory Apple Pie Dip!
Hosting a holiday gathering like Thanksgiving is no easy task. So the last thing you want is your guests hovering in the kitchen, munching on ingredients as you prepare the meal. Before they arrive, follow my lead and whip up my Autumn Nachos and Savory Apple Pie Dip recipes with the help of Mission® Tortilla Chips. Whenever I find myself in this fall hosting predicament, I make this unique take on a classic and place them strategically on the kitchen counter for happy munching. Not only does it always satisfy my ravenous party-goers, the seasonal flavors prep them for the coming festivities like a turkey being basted in aromatic broth. Let’s jump right in…
- 1 bag of Mission® Rounds Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup of white wine or apple juice
- ½ cup of sweet potatoes (spiraled or diced)
- ¼ cup of heirloom tomatoes (diced)
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the sweet potato with a dash of allspice until tender (approximately 3-4 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Place the cheese, wine or apple juice, allspice, and thyme in a saucepan. Heat over low-medium heat until the cheese is completely melted.
- Plate the Mission® Rounds Tortilla Chips and pour the melted cheese on top. Garnish with the heirloom tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and chives. Enjoy!
Savory Apple Pie Dip
- 1 bag of Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips
- 1 apple (diced)
- ½ white onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of white wine or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a pan. Mix in the cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the sliced onions, diced apple, and white wine or apple juice to the pan. Sauté until tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and place in a food processor. Blend until a thick consistency is formed. Pour into a dip bowl and serve with Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips.
Mission Tortilla Chips are ideal for these two recipes. The shape and heartiness of Mission Round Tortilla Chips make for the perfect nacho base that will hold tons of toppings. I also like to shake things up by offering the Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips for dipping. Plus, both products are certified gluten free, made with four simple ingredients like sea salt, and contain not artificial flavors or colors. You can be confident that your friends and family are being brought together over the best possible dish.
So what do you think? A fun and delicious pre-meal snacking solution that will get everyone in a festive mood? Share your thoughts on my Autumn Nachos and Savory Apple Pie Dip below. Also make sure to visit the Mission Tortilla Chips site here for more recipes and a store locator. Happy fall hosting!