I am relatively new to the mommy game, but that does not mean that I do not already have unreasonably high expectations for my daughter’s eating habits. Part of this parental delusion stems from the fact that I work in the food world and am positive that she will love everything I cook up. The other part of this delusion comes from my (clearly) unbiased opinion that she is a perfect child and shall never do wrong… that’s the same part of my brain that thinks she will sleep through the night and miraculously clean up after herself. I can dream, can’t I?! Well if you’re a mom like me, then you probably like preparing delicious snacks for your munchkins. If so, then you are going to love today’s recipe. I teamed up with Bumble Bee® to create this yummy after-school tuna snack that is sure to please their tiny tastebuds.
Using Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, I have dreamed up a Tuna Avocado Crostini snack that will help expand your kids’ foodie horizons. Featuring lime, avocado, toasted baguette, paprika, and mint, it is a sneakily wholesome treat. But the most important ingredient is the Solid White Albacore. The tuna is high in protein, delicious, versatile, and responsibly caught in the wild. Good for your child and good for the environment. And an extra bonus is that these crostinis are super easy to put together.What’s not to love? Alright, let’s get down to the nitty gritty and get cooking. Here’s what you will need…
TUNA AVOCADO CROSTINI
- 5 ounce can of Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 3 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 – 4 fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 of a rustic baguette (sliced)
- Open the can of Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore and empty the contents into a small mixing bowl. Add the paprika, pepper, and salt. Mix thoroughly until all of the tuna is coated with the spices.
- Add the chopped mint leaves to the tuna and mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, smash the avocado with a fork. Add the lime juice and continue smashing until thoroughly mixed.
- Grill the baguette slices over a lightly greased, heated skillet pan.
- Top the grilled slices with a generous amount of the avocado mixture. Then top with a generous amount of the tuna mixture. Enjoy!
Open a 5 ounce can of Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore and empty the contents into a small mixing bowl. Add 3 teaspoons of paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix thoroughly until all of the tuna is coated with the spices.
Chop 3 to 4 fresh mint leaves and mix in with the tuna.
In a separate mixing bowl, smash 1/2 of an avocado with a fork. Add 1 teaspoon of lime juice and continue smashing until thoroughly mixed.
Slice 1/2 of a rustic baguette and grill the slices over a lightly greased, heated skillet pan.
Top the grilled slices with a generous amount of the avocado mixture. Then top with a generous amount of the tuna mixture. Enjoy!
There you have it! A delicious after-school tuna snack that the whole family can enjoy. Get more recipes and discover for yourself why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™ here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.