Whether or not you have a Valentine this year, there is one tradition that should become an annual celebration in your life… Galentine’s Day! This is a day when you gather with your best girl friends (either safely in person or through zoom) and throw a Valentine’s Day fete that celebrates love in friendship. And any great Galentine’s Day celebration needs a signature drink. So today, I am putting a Central American twist on a French classic. Featuring 21Seeds Grapefruit Hibiscus Tequila, lime juice, agave syrup, and champagne, the Mexican 75 cocktail is sure to be a knock-out.
Time: 5 min.; Serves: 4
- 4 ounces 21Seeds Grapefruit Hibiscus Tequila
- 2 ounces organic lime juice
- 1 ounce amber agave nectar
- 1 bottle of champagne
- Garnish: Fresh grapefruit, sliced
- In a mixing glass, combine the 21Seeds Grapefruit Hibiscus Tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour evenly into 4 flutes and then top with champagne.
- Garnish with freshly sliced grapefruit and enjoy!
- FUN TIP: For the ombre presentation seen in my pictures, pour the ingredients into individual flutes and do not mix. Top with champagne and have your guests mix the libation before sipping.
Even though I have had a permanent Valentine for much of my adult life, that has not stopped me from fully embracing Galentine’s Day! Normally celebrated on February 13th, I gather with my girls to eat sweet treats, watch a cheesy rom-com, and mix up some fabulous drinks. The Mexican 75 is a fabulous drink to sip with your gal pals. I highly recommend using 21Seeds Tequila in the recipe for create a delicious, better-for-you cocktail. It is all-natural, gluten-free, keto-friendly, non-GMO, and has a lower-ABV than most tequilas. 21Seeds is also infused with real fruit that tastes fabulous, so you don’t need to add a bunch of mixers to make a smooth drink. Their tequila makes the Mexican 75 taste heavenly!
But more than a delicious taste, 21Seeds is all about girl power! Founded by Kat Hantas with her sister and BFF, they wanted to create a tequila that was easy to drink and as approachable as drinking a glass of wine! 21Seeds is WBENC certified, meaning that it is female-owned and female-run. Seriously, their tagline is #GirlsCallTheShots– made by women, for women, and the men who support them!! More of this, please! Can you think of a better tequila brand to incorporate into your Galentine’s celebration?!
So gather the ladies, mix up some Mexican 75’s, and celebrate the joy that comes with female empowerment. Make sure to pick up a bottle (or two!) of 21Seeds at your local retailer here. Cheers!
Thank you to 21Seeds for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.