Thank you Castello Cheese for sponsoring this post. Enjoy this delicious recipe with your favorite Castello Cheese products today!
I am calling it, 2020 is the year of fancy comfort food. With life turned upside down and cabin fever at a fever pitch (pun intended), many are spending time creating culinary, yet comforting, delights at home. I know that I certainly am. Hey, if ever there was a time to eat your feelings, that time is now.
So, join me as I hone my grilling skills and elevate my comfort food repertoire with a unique take on an American staple… Hawaiian Havarti BBQ Bison Burgers! Oh, and it’s worth noting that this burger is also a good way to load up on protein.
Hawaiian Havarti BBQ Bison Burgers
Time: 35 min., Serves: 4-6
- 8 oz. of Castello Creamy Havarti
- 2 lbs. of ground bison meat
- 6 brioche burger buns
- 8 slices of pineapple
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of ginger
- 1 c. of spinach
- BBQ sauce
- Prepare the bison meat patties by mixing in the cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and ginger. Divide the meat into six parts then roll and flatten the sections to create the burger patties.
- Preheat the grill on high for 10 minutes. While the grill is heating, prepare the Castello Creamy Havarti slices to throw on the patties while they are grilling.
- Place the bison patties on the grill, along with the pineapple slices and close the lid. Grill for 4 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and pineapple slices. Place the Castello Creamy Havarti slices on top of the patties and grill an additional 3 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy!
Comfort food is always devastatingly easy to make. That’s part of what makes it so much more indulgent than other dishes. But just in case you are new to the grilling world, let’s walk through this recipe together. First, prepare the bison meat patties by mixing in the cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and ginger.
Next, divide the meat into six parts. Then, roll and flatten the sections to create the burger patties.
Like any good comfort food, the fabulousness of this recipe harps on one key ingredient… the cheese! So, I highly suggest not to skimp on quality and go straight for Castello Cheese. For today’s recipe, I will be using Castello Creamy Havarti in the burger. It is a mild cheese with a hint of tanginess that is perfect with the sweetness of the pineapple. It is also both creamy and easily sliceable, making it ideal for melting on the grill.
Preheat the grill on high for 10 minutes. While the grill is heating, prepare the Castello Creamy Havarti slices to throw on the patties while they are grilling.
Place the bison patties on the grill along with the pineapple slices and close the lid. Grill for 4 minutes.
Flip the burgers and pineapple slices. Place the Castello Creamy Havarti slices on top of the patties.
Grill an additional 3 minutes and watch the melty goodness unfold!
All that is left assembling the burgers and pure mouth-watering euphoria.
Make sure to find Castello Cheese in the specialty cheese aisle of your local market. And if you are feeling adventurous, the brand has a variety of cheeses with distinct tastes, flavors and textures. Castello Cheese has something for everyone, so get to munching!