Thank you PEBBLES™ Cereal for sponsoring this post. PEBBLES™ Cereal is gluten-free and a great inclusive option for your family!
We all have that friend who has to stick to a gluten-free diet for medical reasons. I happen to be that friend in my group of gal pals. And let me tell you, it can be quite the challenge when it comes to celebrating special events. Party planning can often hit snags. Picking a restaurant, visiting a brewery, or even baking a cake can prove quite difficult if the birthday girl is gluten-free. Seriously, I can’t tell you how many times I have actually had to watch sadly with an empty plate as my friends and family munched on my own birthday cake. That is why today, I am teaming up with PEBBLES™ cereal to celebrate November’s Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month with a special recipe. What, PEBBLES™ cereal is gluten-free?! Oh yes, mon ami! Who wants a slice of my Fruity PEBBLES™ Raspberry Cream Tart?
Tea parties are my jam and everyone around me knows it. My sister booked a Victorian tea house for my bridal shower. My husband made reservations at the hottest Manhattan tea joint months in advance of my 30th birthday. And we even celebrated our 10-year anniversary with a cup of Earl Grey in London. I could be content with tea parties to commemorate every single celebratory moment in my life. So, in preparation for my upcoming 36th (aaahhh!) birthday, I have created my ideal treat to accompany my tea. Fruity PEBBLES™ Raspberry Cream Tart. Oh my! And since it just so happens that PEBBLES™ Fruity and Cocoa cereals are gluten-free (and some of my favorite cereals in existence), I am making them an integral part of the recipe… as the tart crust! Oh, and did I mention it’s no-bake?! Yeah, baby!
Fruity PEBBLES™ Raspberry Cream Tart
Prep Time: 10 min.; Total Time: 3-4 hrs.; Serves: 8
- 2 cups of Fruity PEBBLES™
- 16 ounces of whole milk ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces of raspberry pastry filling or jam
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- ¾ cup of Confectioner’s sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter (melted)
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Fruity PEBBLES™ and melted butter. Mix until the cereal is coated. Pour into a 9-inch pie glass and pack the Fruity PEBBLES™ along the bottom and edge using the bottom of a jar or water glass. Set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, combine the ricotta, cream cheese, and Confectioner’s sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add in the raspberry pastry filling and ground ginger. Mix thoroughly.
3. Pour the tart filling on top of the crust and spread evenly. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set for 3-4 hours.
4. Before serving, garnish the tart with additional Fruity PEBBLES™ and/or add some premade raspberry meringue cookies on top. Enjoy!
This is a ridiculously easy recipe to make, but just in case there’s any confusion, let’s walk through the steps together. First, combine 2 cups of Fruity PEBBLES™ cereal with 6 tablespoons of melted butter in a mixing bowl. Mix until the cereal is coated.
Pour into a 9-inch pie glass and pack the Fruity PEBBLES™ along the bottom and edge using the bottom of a jar or water glass to create the tart crust. Set aside.
In a stand mixer, combine the 16 ounces of ricotta, 8 ounces of cream cheese, and ¾ cup of Confectioner’s sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy.
Add in 12 ounces of raspberry pastry filling and ½ teaspoon of ground ginger. Mix thoroughly.
Pour the tart filling on top of the crust and spread evenly. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set for 3-4 hours.
Before serving, garnish the tart with additional Fruity PEBBLES™ and/or add some premade raspberry meringue cookies on top. And that is literally it. It’s time to get your gluten-free tea party on!
Easy and delicious, right? Make sure to visit PEBBLES™ Cereal for more information about Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month, and also grab some recipe and craft ideas while you’re at it. What is your favorite gluten-free treat to enjoy with a cup of tea? Shout it out in the comments section below!
THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera. (s19)