Summer is almost over, so let’s revisit my most popular seasonal recipe from last year… Key Lime Pie Pops with Spiked Horchata Caramel! Make sure to bookmark this post to save the recipe and scroll to the end of the post for an extra special giveaway!
I have a confession to make, and I don’t want to be judged or receive angry fan mail. Okay, here I go… I’m sick of ice cream! That’s right, by this time in the summer, I have officially had my fill of the frozen dessert. I know, it’s blasphemy. However with the scorching heat continuing to linger, I still crave a refreshing treat. So, I have come up with an alternative to ice cream. Frozen key lime pie with my recipe for Spiked Horchata Caramel for dipping. Oh, not so angry with me now, are we?!
Now I know I can’t convince all of you die-hard ice cream lovers to convert to the frozen Pie side. And to that I say, “more pie for me!” But for those of you who are the least bit intrigued, follow along with the recipe below to see you can recreate this summertime masterpiece…
Key Lime Pie Pops + Spiked Horchata Caramel
Time: 20 minutes, Serves: 8
- 1 Frozen Key lime pie
- 2 ounces of Horchata Rum Liqueur
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of goat’s milk (or heavy cream if you’re not feeling adventurous!)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Over medium heat, add the sugar, salt, and water to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer while continuously stirring.
- Once simmering, increase the heat to medium-high and continue to cook and stir until a golden-brown color forms (or until it reaches 350°F with a candy thermometer).
- Take the saucepan off of the heat and stir in the goat’s milk, butter, and Horchata liqueur. Transfer to a jar or glass serving bowl and let cool. Serve at room temperature.
- Remove the frozen Key Lime Pie from the tin. Slice into 8 pieces and skewer the crust ends with a candy apple stick. Serve immediately alongside the Spiked Horchata Caramel for dipping. Enjoy!
Now tell me, this is quite a fabulous upgrade from your average ice cream cone, wouldn’t you say?! If a pie pop and spiked caramel dip wasn’t good enough, I have a giveaway for you! WHAT?! Sam, you’re too fabulous! I know, get used to it my lovelies. Check out the details…
Since you’re probably doing all your shopping online right now, I’m giving away a $25 Amazon gift card. Make sure to read the giveaway rules and enter below!
Come back here on October 5th to see if you’re the winner!
GIVEAWAY PARTICIPANTS AGREE: 21+ to enter. Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as a part of a sponsored campaign and must reside in the United States. The winner will be announced here by July 19, 2020 and responsible for contacting us at email@example.com with their contact information by August 1, 2020 in order to claim the prize. If the winner has entered without a valid entry, the prize will be forfeited and the prize amount will be carried over to the next giveaway. Once the winner’s contact information is forwarded and the prize has been shipped, The Frosted Petticoat carries no further responsibilities in conducting the giveaway or supplying the prize. Methods of entry may be changed at anytime during the duration of the giveaway, but all entries will be counted as long as the method was valid at the time of completion. The giveaway prize and terms are subject to change if an error in publication has occurred.