It is a random Monday in the year of our Lord 2020. I want tacos and I want them to be the best tacos I have ever eaten. Why? Because, like I said, it’s 2020. YOLO, baby! I have Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp in the freezers, fresh strawberries, sriracha mayo in the fridge, and a rumbling tummy. Let’s get to work…
Strawberry Sriracha Popcorn Shrimp Tacos
Time: 15 min; Yields: 4-6 tacos
- 1 box of Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp
- 1 cup of shredded broccoli
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of strawberries (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup of sriracha mayo
- Fresh thyme
- Flour tortillas
- Place the Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 425F for approximately 14-16 minutes, flipping after 8 minutes.
- While the shrimp is baking, make the slaw by mixing the broccoli, carrots, and sriracha mayo together. This is also a good time to heat the tortillas over an open flame.
- Once the shrimp is cooked, assemble the tacos by placing the slaw, strawberries, and shrimp on the tortillas. Garnish with extra sriracha mayo and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
You may be thinking to yourself, “Strawberry and sriracha?!”. But it’s 2020, my friends, and if there’s any year to try something new, it’s this dumpster fire calendar of a year. The sweetness of the strawberry perfectly cools off the flames of the sriracha. Life is hard and short, we might as well eat like kings.
I highly recommend you refuse to skimp on the shrimp and use Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp for this recipe. It is absolutely delicious, a good source of protein, and rich in vitamins and minerals. It’s also super kid-friendly in taste… seriously, my 4 year old couldn’t get enough of the popcorn shrimp. Gorton’s also offers Crispy Beer Batter Shrimp and Butterfly Shrimp if you’re looking for more options. With the brand’s fresh taste and quick cook time, it’s a great way to add a bit of seafood into your diet.
There you have it! A delicious and easy way to enjoy your dinner time. Make sure to pick up Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp in the freezer aisle. And get some extra for a quick snack, for your meal prep, or just to spoil the family on a random weekday. So tell me, how are you YOLO-ing this year?