This post is sponsored by Dannon but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
One of my all time favorite ingredients is yogurt. It is versatile, it has tons of benefits, and it is delicious. One way that I love to use yogurt is in my baking. Yup, it not only serves as a delectable filling, frosting, or glaze for baked goods, you can also use it as an oil substitute. So today, I am going to show you how I incorporate this fabulously adaptable ingredient in an equally fabulous cake. With the help of Dannon Whole Milk Plain Yogurt 32oz from Walmart, here is my recipe for Peaches & Cream Yogurt Cake
Peaches & Cream Yogurt Cake
- 2 cups of Dannon Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
- ¾ cups of grapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of peach jam
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 peaches (sliced)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together 1 1/2 cups of yogurt, the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
3. Add in the flour and baking powder, mix gently until combined.
4. Divide the batter between the two pans. Top one of the batters with sliced peaches. Place in the oven and bake approximately 50 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and let cool.
5. Make the cake filling by combining 1/2 cup of Dannon Whole Milk Plain Yogurt, the cream cheese, peach jam, and 1/2 fresh peach (diced).
6. Plate one of the cakes and top with the filling. Place the other cake (with peach slices baked in) on top of the filling. Top with some freshly sliced peaches and enjoy!
I absolutely love using Dannon Whole Milk Plain Yogurt for my baking adventures. First off, it is easily found at my local Walmart, so I can always have some on hand. Dannon Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt is also available to shake up your delicious yogurt cravings.
Dannon Whole Milk Plain Yogurt also has some great benefits that make adding it to my daily routine a no-brainer. It is a good source of Vitamin D, calcium, protein, and non-GMO project certified. Plus Dannon is part of the certified B Corp community, making them a global leader of using business as a force for good. To have the B Corp status, means the company passes the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability and uses their influence to contribute to the solving of social and environmental problems.
Make sure to pick up Dannon Whole Milk Plain Yogurt and Dannon Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt either in store at Walmart or by using Walmart grocery pickup. So tell me, what is your favorite way to enjoy yogurt?