Ever want to get your hands on a famous bakery’s personal cookie recipes?! Well then today is your lucky day! The Cake Sisters are sharing their family’s Welsh Cookie recipe with us and offering up this gorgeous shoot featuring their bohemian cakes in today’s “Quick Take” post. Who wants a bite?!
- 8 ounces Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Soak raisins in water and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar at low speed until incorporated, then increase speed to medium until smooth.
- While butter and sugar are creaming whisk all dry ingredients together and set aside. Combine milk and vanilla and set aside.
- Once sugar and butter are creamed, add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately, one third of each amount at a time. Let mix for 2 min in med-low speed.
- Add raisins until combined.
- Wrap and Refrigerate dough for one hour or overnight.
- Heat skillet to 300 degrees. Roll out dough on a floured surface around 1/4-1/2 inch thick and cut cookies in any desired shape. Cook until golden brown on each side and let cool on cooling rack.
Model: Heidi//Dress Store: Torrid//Hair Stylist: Alison Harper & Co//Bakery:The Cake Sisters//Design and Decor: Emerald Event Design//Location:Bohemia River Overlook//Photographer: Amanda MacPhee Studios//
Submitted via Two Bright Lights