This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinions and text are all mine.
There are two types of holiday guests… turkey people and ham people. And if you’re hosting this year’s holiday meal like I am, then you know what a pain this can be. Seriously, who wants to prepare both a full turkey and massive holiday ham for a single dinner?! But fret not, friends, for I have a solution! Thanks to my favorite new find, Smithfield® Anytime Favorites™ Cubed Ham at H-E-B, your discerning guests can have their ham and eat it too. So get ready to take on every holiday challenge thrown your way with my Cranberry Ham & Goat Cheese Pies.
Cranberry Ham & Goat Cheese Pies
Time: 45 min.; Yields: 12
- 1 lb. of Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham
- 8 ounces of goat cheese
- 7 ounces of cranberry sauce
- 2 pre-made pie dough sheets
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a muffin pan.
- Roll out the pie dough and cut out 4” circles. There should be 12 circles in all. Push the dough into each muffin cavity and form along the edges to create the pie crust.
- Pack 1 tablespoon of goat cheese inside the bottom of each pie crust.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham and cranberry sauce. Then fill the rest of the pies with heaping amounts of the cubed ham and cranberry mixture.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Plate the pies and garnish with the shredded basil. Enjoy!
These little slices of hammy heaven are easy to make and filled with a harmony of holiday flavors. Best of all, they can be prepared ahead of time, allowing you a moment to take part in all the munching. But to take a bit less off your plate (metaphorically speaking, of course), let me walk you through the pie-making process. Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a muffin pan. Then roll out the pie dough and cut out 4” circles. To make a total of 12 dough circles, you will likely need to use two pre-made pie dough sheets. Push the dough into each muffin cavity and form along the edges to create the pie crust.
Next, you will want to pack 1 tablespoon of goat cheese inside the bottom of each pie crust. Don’t worry about the exact amount… the more cheese, the better!
In a mixing bowl, combine the Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham and cranberry sauce. Resist the urge to attack the bowl with a fork and eat it all yourself.
Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham is also high in protein, satisfyingly flavorful, and (as displayed in today’s recipe) very versatile. Smithfield also has other varieties as well. You can also find Smithfield Anytime Favorites Diced Ham, Smithfield Anytime Favorites Smoked Chops, Smithfield Anytime Favorites Boneless Ham Slices, and Smithfield Anytime Favorites Ham Steaks at your local H-E-B. I love that they have a solution for any type of recipe I could be making that includes ham! Alright, back to the recipe!
Next you will want to fill the rest of the pies with heaping amounts of the cubed ham and cranberry mixture.
Lastly, place the muffin tin in the oven and bake approximately 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Plate the pies and garnish with the shredded basil. All that’s left to do is munch!
And there you have it! An easy and delicious recipe to satisfy all your holiday guests. Make sure to visit the H-E-B store locator to find Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham in a store near you. So tell me… are you a turkey or ham person?