This post is sponsored by McCormick® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
The holidays are upon us! That means friends and family will be gathering for good food, good conversation, and good drinks. Why not add a bit of wow-factor to your holiday drinks with my twist on the traditional mulled wine? With the help of a delicious selection of McCormick® products at H-E-B, I have created a fabulous libation to elevate your seasonal gatherings. Inspired by the flavors and spices of the holiday’s most famous cookie, here’s my recipe for Mulled Gingerbread White Wine…
Mulled Gingerbread White Wine
Time: 10 min.; Serves: 4-6
- 1 bottle of Chardonnay
- ½ cup of apple cider
- ¼ cup of brandy
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Whole Cloves
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Whole Allspice
- 2-3 McCormick® Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 apple (sliced)
- Garnish: Apple slices, cinnamon sticks, or gingerbread cookies
- Add all the liquid ingredients to a large pan over low-medium heat. Stir.
- Add in the McCormick® spices and a few apple slices. Stir.
- Stir continuously and heat until hot (but not boiling).
- Serve hot and garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and/or gingerbread cookies. Enjoy!
This is a surprisingly easy recipe to whip up. First you need to head on over to your local H-E-B to pick up all the McCormick® products and ingredients. Seriously, H-E-B has a McCormick® haven in store!
Next, you’ll want to add the bottle of Chardonnay, ½ cup of apple cider, ¼ cup of brandy, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract to a large pan over low-medium heat. Stir thoroughly. Fun tip: instead of using the traditional red wine for a mulled recipe, shake it up with a Chardonnay! It’s surprisingly refreshing.
Next, add in 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Ginger, 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Whole Cloves, 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Whole Allspice, 2-3 McCormick® Cinnamon Sticks, and a few apple slices. Stir until all the spices are thoroughly mixed with the liquid.
Heat until the mulled wine is hot (but not boiling). Serve immediately and garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and/or gingerbread cookies.
Sweet, simple, and oh so delicious! Make sure to pick up all your holiday McCormick® Extracts, Gravy, and Herbs & Spices at H-E-B and follow along with #McCormickMakesItHome and #McCormickAtHEB for more scrumptious recipe ideas. Now to the fun part… who wants a glass?! Happy holidays!