Photographer Michelle Kujawski
With so many bee keepers the area of Wisconsin where we live, we wanted to create a snack spread putting local honey at the focus and accent with some other local specialties. We used honey from Pink Teepee Farm in Ottowa, Wisconsin, homemade scones, and fresh Lavender Chevre cheese from Clock Shadow Creamery in Milwaukee. Our goal was to demonstrate how easy it is to create a beautiful spread with simple ingredients.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles corse crumbs.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, beat milk and egg with a fork. Add milk and egg mixture to flour mixture; stir with fork until moistened.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with the 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 13 minutes or until golden brown on top. Enjoy!