Thank you Edwards® Desserts for sponsoring this post. Head to the frozen desserts aisle of your grocery store to pick up your favorite Edwards pie!
I have a confession to make, and I don’t want to be judged or receive angry fan mail. Okay, here I go… I’m sick of ice cream! That’s right, by this time in the summer, I have officially had my fill of the frozen dessert. I know, it’s blasphemy. However with the scorching heat continuing to linger, I still crave a refreshing treat. So, I have come up with an alternative to ice cream. Edwards Desserts Key Lime Pie Pops paired with my recipe for Spiked Horchata Caramel for dipping. Oh, not so angry with me now, are we?!
Now I know I can’t convince all of you die-hard ice cream lovers to convert to the frozen Pie side. And to that I say, “more pie for me!” But for those of you who are the least bit intrigued, follow along with the recipe below to see you can recreate this summertime masterpiece…
Edwards Key Lime Pie Pops + Spiked Horchata Caramel
Time: 20 minutes, Serves: 8
- 1 Edwards Key Lime Pie (frozen)
- 2 ounces of Horchata Rum Liqueur
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of goat’s milk (or heavy cream if you’re not feeling adventurous!)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Over medium heat, add the sugar, salt, and water to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer while continuously stirring.
- Once simmering, increase the heat to medium-high and continue to cook and stir until a golden-brown color forms (or until it reaches 350°F with a candy thermometer).
- Take the saucepan off of the heat and stir in the goat’s milk, butter, and Horchata liqueur. Transfer to a jar or glass serving bowl and let cool. Serve at room temperature.
- Remove the frozen Edwards Key Lime Pie from the tin. Slice into 8 pieces and skewer the crust ends with a candy apple stick. Serve immediately alongside the Spiked Horchata Caramel for dipping. Enjoy!
I highly recommend Edwards Key Lime Pie for this recipe pairing. With their smooth, tart flavor it’s like a vacation in your mouth. The pies are made with Key lime filling with real Key West lime juice. Then it is topped with whipped crème rosettes on a delectable vanilla cookie crumb crust. C’est magnifique!
Now tell me, this is quite a fabulous upgrade from your average ice cream cone, wouldn’t you say?! If a pie pop and spiked caramel dip wasn’t good enough, I have a giveaway for you! WHAT?! Sam, you’re too fabulous! I know, get used to it my lovelies. The prize? A free pie, baby! Check out the details…
Edwards Desserts Pie Giveaway!
- The Prizes: 1 of 16 free product coupons for an Edwards pie of your choice
- Dates: August 12 – August 28, 2019
- Entry Options: Enter the giveaway via the widget below with the following entry options:
- Visit Edwards Desserts on Facebook
- Visit Edwards Desserts on Instagram
- Follow @EdwardsDesserts on Twitter
- Leave a blog post comment
- Notification: Winners will be randomly selected and notified by CLEVER on Fri., August 30, 2019
- Terms & Conditions: The official Terms & Conditions are included in the widget; here is the high-level eligibility criteria: Age 18+, US resident only, Only one winner per household.
Now that all the legal jargon is taken care of, let’s get you a pie…
So, who’s going to try out this pairing? Shout out your thoughts in our comments section and make sure to pick up some Edwards pies for your summertime dessert pleasures. Hint: They’re in the same aisle as the ice cream but in a different league!