Whether you are looking to spoil the mother in your life or want to drop some serious hints to your significant other, I have the ideal recipe for a perfect Mother’s Day. But before we get to the ingredients, let me start off by saying that this recipe is catered towards moms that still have children in the house. This is for the frazzled mom. The mom who hasn’t used the bathroom uninterrupted in years. The mom who accessorizes her outfit with milk stains. The mom who can’t remember the last time she slept in past 7am. I see you, you warrior of closet monsters and giver of boo-boo kisses. You don’t need a crowded Sunday brunch filled with grumpy toddlers and bewildered spouses. What you need is a decadent bath, a bottle of JaM Cellars Butter Chardonnay, and a locked door this Mother’s Day.
To ensure this is truly a superb day celebrating your hard-earned title of ‘Mom’, I’ve laid out all the ingredients and directions so that they are husband-proof…
Recipe for a Perfect Mother’s Day
- 1 bottle of JaM Cellars Butter Chardonnay
- Wine glass
- Bathtub caddy
- Bath bomb
- Bouquet of flowers
- Box of truffles
- Fancy Soap
- Romantic comedy
- Juice boxes & snacks
- Car keys
- The day or two before (not the morning of!) Mother’s Day, get your ingredients in order. Find the closest retailer of the creamy-licious Butter Chardonnay here, pick up a bouquet of fresh flowers, and make sure a romantic comedy is uploaded on the Ipad (recommendation: Notting Hill… because let’s be honest, we’re all just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her).
- Find a wine glass. No it’s not in the cupboard with the water glasses. Nope, it’s also not in the space above the refrigerator. It’s in the china cabinet. And I’m not talking about the souvenir goblet from the renaissance fair, I’m talking about the crystal stemware gifted to us for our wedding. Sheesh, it’s like you don’t even live here.
- Prep the bathtub by removing the water toys. Extra points if you actually scrub the tub. Start filling the tub with steaming hot water and add the bath bomb. Extra, extra points if you throw some rose petals into the mix. Set the robe within reach of the tub and put the flowers in a vase along the edge.
- As the tub gets filled, light the candles and put the bathtub caddy in place. Set up the truffles, luxurious soap, and Ipad. And don’t forget the most important ingredient… the wine! Have a poured glass of the Butter Chardonnay ready to go and just leave her the rest of the bottle, because let’s not kid ourselves… everything’s better with butter.
- Walk the amazing mother into the bathroom, tell her you love her, and that you’ll see her in a few hours. Securely close the door behind her. Grab the juice boxes, snacks, car keys, and take the kids to the zoo. Enjoy, mama!
If that wasn’t clear enough, then let’s walk through a photo tutorial together. Prep the bathtub…
Set up the truffles, luxurious soap, and Ipad…
And don’t forget the most important ingredient… the wine!
There you have it! A foolproof recipe for a perfect Mother’s Day. Okay, I’ll concede that this is my idea of a stellar day of pampering sans toddler. How would you customize this recipe, moms? Shout it out below and make sure to read the scrumptious reviews for Butter Chardonnay on JaMCellars.com for inspiration. Now if you don’t mind me, I’m going to print out this recipe and tape it to my husband’s dashboard. Happy Mother’s Day!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.