This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
Food is not just an energy source. It is often a trigger, inexplicably intertwined with moments in time. Fresh out of the oven cinnamon rolls and I’m a 5-year-old in my aunt’s kitchen trying to sneak a bite. When I walk through the door of a coffee house and catch a whiff of the inescapable aroma, my heart swoons as I’m immediately transported to the first date with my husband. Crispy corn dogs on a stick and I flash back to a hot day at the state fair, corn dog in one hand and a tight grip on dad’s hand in the other. So when I was asked to get creative with State Fair® Corn Dogs for the upcoming sacred, National Corn Dog Day, I couldn’t have been more excited. With the magical childhood memory with my dad in mind, I created today’s Spicy Caramelized Onion Dip to be paired with the State Fair Corn Dogs dressed up in bacon queso and parsley.
National Corn Dog Day is on March 17th and I suggest you take your celebration seriously. Let’s be honest, iconic foods deserve respect. To ring in the holiday properly, may I recommend a killer dip and dog dressing? You’ll want to visit the freezer aisle in your local H-E-B and pick up a box of State Fair Corn Dogs on a Stick (22 ct) along with all the other ingredients.
State Fair Corn Dogs
(with Bacon Queso & Parsley Dressing)
- 1 box of State Fair Corn Dogs on a Stick (22 ct) (available at H-E-B)
- 1 cup of queso
- 1 tablespoon of bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons of parsley (chopped)
- Cook the State Fair Corn Dogs per the directions on the box. Preheat the oven to 375F, remove the dogs from their wrappers, and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake approximately 16-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the queso and bacon bits. Dip the cooked State Fair Corn Dogs partially in the queso and place on a lined backing sheet.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on the dipped dogs. Set aside for serving with the Spicy Caramelized Onion Dip.
Spicy Caramelized Onion Dip
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of queso
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of water
- In a medium-sized pot, mix the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, cinnamon, and water. Heat until a thick syrup is formed.
- Add the sliced onions and simmer until the onions are tender.
- Place the caramelized onions and queso in a food processor. Blend until a thick dip is formed.
- Serve the dip with the dressed State Fair Corn Dogs and enjoy!
Dress up the State Fair Corn Dogs with bacon queso and diced parsley. This will give added flavor and flair that the kids will love. Plus, the dogs are made with real chicken, turkey, pork, and beef amounting to 6 grams of protein per serving. With such straightforward ingredients, State Fair Brand helps fuel kids’ play since it offers such a good source of protein. You can also rest easy knowing that the dogs have no added hormones or steroids and are readily available at your local H-E-B for everyday snacking. The kids will love it and it will help parents to win the day.
For the adults, pair the dogs with the Spicy Caramelized Onion Dip for a little extra kick.
Pick a dip, win a trip! In honor of National Corn Dog Day, State Fair Brand presents its first ever Corn Dog Dip-Off Sweepstakes. Vote for your favorite dipping sauces now at www.corndogs.com/dipoff between 3/17/18 – 4/29/18. You have the chance to win many great prizes and even a $10,000 grand prize for a family trip. Also make sure to grab this Yellow Coupon for $2 off any one 22ct State Fair corn dog box (offer valid February 28th – March 27th). So will you be celebrating the holiday with this dip and dressing or creating your own?