It’s Fashionable Food time, again! This is my new series where I pair recipes with designer runway looks. Why? Because I see food everywhere, that’s why. A few weeks ago, I kicked off the series by pairing my Springtime Oat Smoothie with Oscar de la Renta. For obvious reasons, the results were fabulous. You can also read all about the inspiration behind Fashionable Food and why on Earth I am actually doing this. In the near future, I will be creating recipes inspired by runway looks. But for now, we’ll be revisiting recipes past that are still in fashion. Pun intended. This week, I was perusing through the runway catalogue for Milly’s Fall 2018 designs, as one does on a lazy afternoon, and couldn’t help but notice a striking resemblance between one of the dresses and pizza. This is Fashionable Food, Spicy Harvest Pizza edition!
The inspiration? This dress from the Fall 2018 Ready-to-Wear line by Milly. The explosion of autumn colored sequins. The tinge of burnt crust. The smell of asparagus. Clearly the designer had pizza on the mind…
SPICY HARVEST PIZZA
- 1 Pre-made pizza crust
- 1/2 cup of butternut squash (diced)
- 6 asparagus spears (halved)
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 7-8 habanero chilis (halved)
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin pasta sauce (or any seasonal sauce available)
- 5 slices of capocollo (or prosciutto)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Place the pizza crust on the pan and brush the olive oil along the crust. Then dust the oiled crust with the garlic salt.
- Spread the pumpkin pasta sauce evenly on the center of the pizza and cover with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- ‘Decorate’ the pizza by topping it with the diced butternut squash, halved asparagus spears, capocollo, sage leaves, and halved habaneros.
- Place in the oven and bake approximately 10-15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Clearly these two were a match made in Autumn color palette heaven, right? Shout out below the design houses you want me to work my edible magic on and I’ll add them to the list. Oh and as an extra special treat, I’ve included a flash giveaway for a $25 Amazon Gift Card below… you know, to help you with kitchen supplies. Good luck!
For more odd pairings, visit my ‘Fashionable Food’ section here!