This post was sponsored by Heluva Good! as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Once we finish stuffing our faces this week during all the Thanksgiving Day festivities, it’s seriously time to think about Christmas. And when I say ‘seriously’, I mean cookies. Sure you can go for your run-of-the-mill holiday cookies or you can take your cookie experience to a whole new level. So today I am literally pushing the flavor boundaries of the holiday dessert realm with these Bacon Ginger Bread Cookie Dippers paired with Heluva Good! Dip Bacon Horseradish.
If you have been following along the last few months, then you know that I am serving as a holiday brand ambassador for Heluva Good! Dip. It is with this ambassadorship that the brand challenged me for this last post to create a unique Christmas-themed dipper to go with their Bacon Horseradish flavor. So naturally, I thought ginger bread cookies. I know, I know. On paper this sounds absolutely disgusting. But hear me out! With my alternative cookie recipe, these little men are more like unsweetened ginger-bacon crackers. I just named them ‘cookies’ for shock value… I am a rebel like that.
Bacon Ginger Bread Cookie Dippers
- 1/2 cup of molasses
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of bacon pieces
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 egg
- Buttons: Cookie icing or dollop of Heluva Good! Dip
- Pairing: Heluva Good! Dip Bacon Horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine the molasses, butter (softened), baking soda, ginger, egg, and 1 cup of flour. Mix on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes. Scrape off the sides with a spatula and mix another minute.
- Add the rest of the flour to the bowl and attach a dough hook to the stand mixer. Mix until a thick dough is formed.
- Lightly flour your countertop or large surface area and roll out the dough to a 1/2 cm thickness.
- Cut out the cookies using cookie cutters and place on the baking sheet. Bake approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, use cookie icing or a dollop of the Heluva Good! Dip to create the ginger bread man’s buttons. Then immediately sprinkle the bacon pieces on top. Dip the cookies into the Heluva Good! Dip Bacon Horseradish and enjoy!
If you have never tried Heluva Good! Dip, then make sure to add it to your holiday shopping list. It is a delicious way to round out your seasonal party plans. With an assortment of yummy flavors like the Bacon Horseradish, French Onion, and Buttermilk Ranch, you will be able to spruce up your festive dipping situation.
So what do you think? Are you brave enough to defy the cookie gods with this other-worldly dipping experience?! Tell me what you think below and make sure to find these bold-flavored Heluva Good! Dips in the dairy aisle at a store near you. Now if you don’t mind me, it’s time to ‘clean up’ this photo shoot.
Get more dessert recipe ideas in my ‘Sweets’ section here!