Since Halloween falls on a Tuesday this year, this weekend is where the parties are at. And if you happen to find yourself hosting your favorite guys and ghouls, then you’ll want to offer up a signature cocktail to rival all others. Earlier this month, I gave you a kicking recipe for Pineapple Vodka Spiked Jello Brain. Make that for the festivities and serve it up with this delightfully disgusting drink: The Raspberry Brain Hemorrhage.
This libation is my whimsical take on a shot I had back in my grad school days at a Halloween party. Traditionally it is made with Bailey’s, peach schnapps, and Grenadine. I’ll be honest, I don’t much care for peach schnapps or grenadine. So sue me! No, don’t sue me. Just try out my version of this gruesome cocktail and judge for yourself. I promise, it has an even better flavor profile than the original recipe, but with the same horrifying special effects. Plus, the new recipe has one of my all-time favorite spirits included, Chambord, so I really can do no wrong…
Raspberry Brain Hemorrhage
- 1/2 ounce of Chambord
- 1 ounce of Gin
- 1/2 ounce of Irish Cream
- Garnish: Dyed white chocolate syrup
- In a small mixing bowl, add about 1/4 cup of white chocolate syrup. Mix in green food coloring until it is dyed to the desired gruesomeness (approximately 2-3 drops of liquid coloring).
- Pour the Gin and Chambord in the glass and mix with a bar spoon.
- Gently top off with the Irish Cream for the final horrifying hemorrhage effect.
- Drizzle the dyed chocolate along the edges of port or small spirits glasses. Sip and enjoy!
The Raspberry Brain Hemorrhage’s perfectly disgusting appearance paired with it’s killer taste, will set the tone for an appropriately terrifying Halloween party. So, are you brave enough to mix these up?!
For more sipping ideas, visit my ‘Drinks’ section here!