Rosé is traditionally thought of as a light summer wine. And while I am all for tipping back a glass on a hot summer’s day, I am all for enjoying the libation year-round. It truly is a lovely drink to sip during every season. If you’re still a little skeptical and don’t want to shake up too many vineyard feathers, then might I suggest an Autumn themed rosé cocktail? Apple Rosé Cider featuring Barefoot Wine, to be exact!
My lovely friends at Barefoot wine sent me a fabulous bottle of their Rosé and some fun instructions on how to enjoy it during the fall months. The lightly sweet liquid pairs perfectly with maple, ginger, cider, and cranberry. They brand also suggest that you pair a glass with stuffed pork chops, brie with cranberries, spiced pecan apple salad, apple crumble, and baked gingerbread mini donuts. Um, I’ll take one of each please! It personally was a tough choice narrowing down which recipe I wanted to whip up and post today, but ultimately I couldn’t resist their Autumn cocktail. Let’s get to it!
Apple Rosé Cider
- 2 1/2 ounces of Barefoot Rosé still wine
- 1/2 ounce of E&J Apple Brandy
- 3/4 ounces of orange juice
- 1/2 ounce of lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce of maple syrup
- Cinnamon sugar for the rim
- Garnish: Granny smith apple slices
- Dip the glass lightly into maple syrup, then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour juice and maple syrup into the glass, then stir until the syrup is dissolved.
- Top with the Barefoot Rosé and Brandy.
- Garnish with the apple slices and enjoy!
Just in case that wasn’t clear enough, here’s some cocktail porn for your viewing pleasure…
And there you have it, the perfect rosé cocktail to go with your chunky knit sweater. Make sure to visit Barefoot Wine’s website here for store locators and more delicious cocktail and pairing ideas. Now if you don’t mind me, I have a cocktail and a seat by the fireplace calling my name!
For more sipping ideas, visit my ‘Drinks’ section here!