Aaahh, fall! The leaves, the cool breeze, the smell of pumpkin spice lattes in the air. It truly is a magical time of the year and what better way to celebrate it than with a wedding?! I myself was an autumn bride, opting to ditch the normally warm weathered nuptials for a chilly shindig. There’s something irresistibly romantic about the season and it’s clearly on display in today’s wedding of Katie and Daniel. These east coast lovebirds decided to celebrate their love in their favorite month, October… and it couldn’t have been more dreamy! We were so inspired by these rustic nuptials (and in particular, their sweet favors!) that we just had to include a fall-inspired Plum Harvest Jam recipe. Hope you enjoy!
PLUM HARVEST JAM
- 10 cups of chopped plums
- 2 cups of pumpkin pie filling
- 12 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 7 ounces of pectin (we recommend Pomona’s Universal Pectin)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Combine the plums, pumpkin pie filling, and lemon juice in a large pot. Stir continuously and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the pumpkin pie spice, pectin, and butter to the pot. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar to the pot and bring to a rolling boil. Stir continuously throughout this process. Remove and discard any foam that floats on the top.
- Pour the jam immediately into your jars and seal. Place the jars in a canner, cover with approximately 1 inch of water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the canner and let cool. Enjoy!