With a wedding involving helicopters, good food, and amazing Australian views, you know that Hannah and Brent were set to have a good time. Check out this stunning Queensland affair complete with a dramatic groom entrance and a dessert table we want to attack head on. And while you’re at it, try out our inspired Espresso Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting recipe.
ESPRESSO BITES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 2 cups peanut butter (your choice of creamy or chunky)
- 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 teaspoons of butter extract
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- ESPRESSO BITES
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons of espresso powder
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease two 8 x 8 cake pans.
- To make the espresso bites, mix together the cocoa, espresso powder, flour, baking soda, baking power, and salt together in a stand mixer. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, oil, and buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the stand mixer and mix until smooth. Divide the batter between the two 8 x 8 inch cake pans. Put the pans in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes (or until fully cooked). Set aside to cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine the peanut butter, butter extract, and melted butter together in a stand mixer. Combine thoroughly. Add all the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and continue to mix until light and creamy.
- Remove the cakes from the pans. Place the first cake on a flat surface and generously frost the top with the peanut butter frosting. Then place the second cake directly on top of the frosted top and frost the top of that layer generously. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and then cut into 1 inch bites. Enjoy!
Photographer: Ben and Hope Weddings//Jewelry:Allgem Services//Favors and Gifts:Candy Buffet Company//Cake Designer:Eden Cakes//Transportation:Executive Helicopters Archerfield//Bridesmaid Dresses:Gossip Gowns//Hair Stylist:La Bella Brides//Event Venue:Maleny Manor//Invitation Designer:Minted.com//Floral Designer:Mondo Floral Designs//Transportation:Noosa Hinterland Tours//DJ:Rockin U Wild//Officiant:Weddings with Kristy//Dress Designer: Wendy Makin
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.