T-minus 17 days until Christmas! Are you ready for the big man in the red hat? No worries, you have just enough time to put together this Christmas Gingerbread recipe. Inspired by photographer Natasha Newland’s photographic coverage of The Four Season’s Hampshire holiday decor, this is sure to get you in a festive mood.
- 6 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger (shredded)
- 1 cup of molasses
- 1 1/2 cups of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of allspice
- 1 tablespoon of amaretto
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter (melted) and brown sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the molasses, eggs, and amaretto to the mixer. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the flour, ginger, allspice, salt, and baking soda to the mixer. Using a dough hook, mix thoroughly until a dough consistency is formed.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each half evenly on the two baking sheets. The dough should be approximately 1 centimeter thick.
- Bake approximately 10-15 minutes or until the center of the dough is cooked through and slightly hardened. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. While the gingerbread is still warm, cut out the desired house shapes and then set aside to cool completely. Create your gingerbread house and enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.