HOLIDAY SPICE CAKE
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup of butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 x 8 inch or 9 inch diameter cake pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine all of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once the cake is completely cooled and removed from the cake pan, generously sprinkle extra confectioners’ sugar on top to your liking or frost. Enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.