With autumn in full gear, what better way to celebrate the cooler temperatures and changing seasons than with a rustic vineyard wedding. Featuring a warm palette of maroons, golds, and dark greens, this event perfect example of how subtle fall themes can be simply stunning. So take a look at all the thoughtful details and get your hands on our uniquely inspired Drunken S’mores Mousse recipe… it’s sure to be a hit around the campfire!
DRUNKEN S’MORES MOUSSE
- 1 ounce of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of Kahlua
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 7 ounces of marshmallow fluff
- 10 graham cracker cookies
- Crush the graham cracker cookies in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat 1 cup of heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the marshmallow fluff and mix until it becomes a whipped cream consistency. Set aside.
- Fill a medium sized pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer. Place a glass mixing bowl inside the pot. Add the egg yolks and sugar into the bowl and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Then add the dark chocolate (shredded is preferred) and cocoa powder. Cook until fully mixed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine the Kahlua and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Whip until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the whipped mixture in with the chocolate mixture, combining with a spatula.
- Pack the bottom of martini glasses with the crushed graham cracker cookies. Pour the chocolate mousse on top of the cookie crust and then top off with a dollop of the marshmallow whipped cream. Chill for approximately 2 hours. Enjoy!
Photographer: Rachael Hall Photography // Event Planner: Eclipse Event Co. // Invitation Designer: Scripted Ever After // Makeup Artist: All Dolled Up ATX // Floral Designer: Arthouse Design // Bakery: Crumbs Gourmet Cookies // Reception Venue: Duchman Family Winery // Dress Store: Second Summer Bridal