Now that it’s officially the holiday season, you might find yourself in need for creative photo card ideas. Well today we have two photographer’s fun takes on this end of the year tradition. The first features a retro-y styled couple baking classic sugar cookies. The second is a modernly fun take on the ugly christmas sweater. So take a gander at these two vastly different photo shoots and start scheming the theme of your holiday card… and while you’re at it, bake up our Buttered Sugar Cookie recipe inspired by today’s events.
BUTTERED SUGAR COOKIES
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of butter extract
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 2 cookie sheets. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper or baking roll on the counter and sprinkle with flour.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter, butter extract, egg, and sugar. Combine until fully mixed.
- Using a dough hook, add the flour and baking powder to the mixer and combine thoroughly until it becomes a dough consistency.
- Place the dough on the floured parchment paper. Roll out the dough until it is approximately 1 centimeter thick. To prevent sticking, generously add flour to your rolling pin and hands.
- Using the opening of a drinking glass or a cookie cutter of your choice, cut out the shapes. Place the cut cookies on the greased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Frost generously and enjoy!
Photographer: Shannon Sasaki Photography
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.