Today’s gorgeous wedding proves that love truly conquers all. Megan and Jason were high school sweethearts that lost each other and ended up marrying other people. Years later each found themselves single again and thinking of one another. They reconnected only to find that their love had endured all those years. Marrying in beautifully rustic style in the wilderness of Michigan, this is their lovely wedding. So revel in the gorgeousness of their romantic day and grab our inspired baked maple apple donuts recipe for yourself… you’ll want a batch to munch on while you reminisce about your high school sweetie!
BAKED MAPLE APPLE DONUTS
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups of applesauce
- 4 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease two donut pans. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 cup of sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the maple syrup, applesauce, butter (melted), and 2 eggs. Mix until completely combined and smooth.
- Fill the donut pans 2/3rds full with the batter. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, remove the donuts from the donut pans and place them on a separate baking sheet.
- Take the remaining egg and separate the egg yolk. Place the yolk in a small mixing bowl, add a teaspoon of water, and whisk vigorously until a smooth liquid is formed. In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix 1 cup of sugar with the nutmeg.
- Brush the tops of the donuts with the yolk wash and then generously sprinkle the sugar nutmeg mixture on top. Bake the donuts for an additional 5 minutes and then let cool. Enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.