Some kids are born into British royalty, some into money, but little Elijah was born into ridiculous creativity! For cutie pie Eli’s first birthday, his mom decided to center the festivities around his birth month of October. Styled and photographed by the uber talented parent, this is one birthday that’s going to be hard to match. Complete with a gourde theme, beautiful details, and a dreamy rustic setting, you’ll be wishing you were born into this creative family! Adding our own twist the festivities, we were inspired to create a Pumpkin Pie Caramel Apple recipe to match little Elijah’s wonderful treats. Enjoy!
PUMPKIN PIE CARAMEL APPLES
- 12 apples (of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 cups of sugar
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- Using a spice grater, lightly grate the outside of the apples. This will allow for the caramel to stick well. Then firmly press popsicle or twigs into the tops of the apples until secure. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, light corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat, continuously stir, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Place a cooking thermometer in the pot. Pour the evaporated milk, sweet condensed milk, and add the Pumpkin Pie Spice into the pot. Continuously stir until it starts to turn the color of caramel and cook until the mixture reaches approximately 245 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Immediately take the pot off the heat and add the vanilla. Combine thoroughly. Let the caramel cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Dip the apples in the caramel and set on the cookie sheets with parchment paper to cool. Enjoy!