AMARETTO FINGER COOKIES
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Amaretto
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine the sugar, butter, amaretto, and egg yolk. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the stand mixer. Change your mixer attachment to a dough hook and mix until a ball of dough has formed.
- Roll out the dough on parchment paper to approximately 1 centimeter thickness. Then use a sharp knife to cut out the finger shapes freehand (approximately 1/2 inch wide by 3 inches long).
- Place the fingers on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Lightly scratch the joint lines into the dough for effect. Push an almond into the tip of each finger for the nail.
- Place in oven and bake approximately 5-7 minutes or until baked through. Let cool and enjoy!
If you have dreamed of the perfectly pink princess wedding since you were 5 years old… then this post is not for you! Today’s couple clearly had an alternative take on the classic wedding and we couldn’t love it more. With gorgeous fall floral arrangements, gothic decor, and a pervasive kick-ass homage to Halloween, welcome to Kristen & David’s monster wedding bash and feel free to copy their fun Finger Cookies with our recipe above!