Have you ever pondered life’s big questions? Like how can the universe have originated from the Big Bang? Or where does my lost left sock live now? Well there’s one life-altering question that I always come back to… how can I improve upon the s’more? I know what you’re thinking “Sam, you’re crazy because the s’more is perfection incarnate!”. Yes, but what if we could combine its essential elements with another seemingly infallible dessert? Inspired by this fabulously all-American outdoor picnic, I present to you S’mores Pie Pops…
S’MORES PIE POPS
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of crushed graham crackers
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll out the pie crust on a flat surface and then cut out circles using a 3 inch round cookie cutter (or the opening of a tin can). Do this until all the dough has been used.
- Push a lollipop stick into a dough circle. Then place approximately 10 chocolate chips and 5 marshmallows on the circle. Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over the top. Cover with another dough circle and close the edges together using your fingers or a fork. Brush the egg yolk on the top of the dough.
- Place S’mores Pie Pops on the parchment lined baking sheet and back for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Photographer: LLC Heather Mayer Photography//Beauty:Angela Marguarite Salon & Boutique//Event Planner: EVENTful Moments//Floral Designer: Flora D’ Amore by Stadium Flowers//Event Venue: French Creek Estates//Apparel: LaineeMeg inc.//Bakery:Snohomish Pie Company//