Are you ready for summer? Whether it’s getting your “beach bod” in order or (more importantly) planning a summertime menu, it’s a great time to start anew. So, with that in mind I was inspired by this Under the Sea themed soiree to make the old new… and a bit more fishy. Seaweed Caprese Salad, anyone?! Try out our refreshing summer take on this traditional dish and check out this fun ocean themed party.
SEAWEED CAPRESE SALAD
- 1/2 cup of dried seaweed strips
- 2 cups of chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 lbs. of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the tomatoes, sugar, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small pan. Once hot, add the minced garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook another 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the mozzarella and plate with the seaweed strips. Pile the tomato mixture on top and then drizzle the sauce over the whole dish. Enjoy!
Photographer: Elizabeth Henson Photos//Makeup Artist: Dhalia Edwards//Floral Designer: Fluttering Flowers//Accomodations:Holiday Inn//Event Planner: Jamie Leigh Events//Dress Store:Privée Bride of Ghent//Professional: Waterford Event Rentals LLC//