If you happen to be in the general Austin, Texas region then there is a group of vendors that you need to know about! This event planning, photography, vintage rental, venue team is the absolute best in the nation. Every single time I’m sent an event by them, I’m blown away. Well, today we have a special treat from this talent team. One of it’s members is having a baby! Yay! Photographer Amy Gawlik celebrated the upcoming birth of her munchkin with a perfectly themed camp baby shower. Everything from the DIY trail-mix with woodland themed ingredients, picnic tables to eat at, a cozy fire pit, or to the most adorable fire starter kit favors… it was all inspired by mom to be Amy’s gypsy soul and love for the outdoors. So check out the festivities and grab our inspired Wildberry Woodland Cupcake recipe while your at it.
WILDBERRY WOODLAND CUPCAKES
- 1 cup of raspberry jam
- 1 cup of dried red currants
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 fahrenheit. Either line two mini muffin tins with cupcake liners or cut 4 x 4 inch squares of parchment paper and place in tin slots. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate medium size bowl, thoroughly mix together the raspberry jam, butter, and eggs. Pour into the stand mixer with the dry ingredients and mix completely until smooth.
- Fold in the dried red currants into the batter with a spatula.
- Fill each muffin slot on the tin 2/3rds full with the batter and place in the oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the batter is cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool. Frost to your liking and enjoy!
Photographer: Al Gawlik Photography//Event Designer: Bee Lavish//Equipment Rentals: Bee Lavish//Caterer: Crave Catering Austin//Event Designer: Pink Parasol Designs and Coordinating//Bakery: Simply Delicious Custom Cakes//Floral Designer: The Flower Girl TX//
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.