For most people, a Sweet 16 celebration is about coming of age and (largely) learning to drive! But for beautiful Brittany, this birthday celebration holds a much deeper meaning… it marks 7 years being cancer free. This lovely young lady has lived through some unimaginably trying times and has come out the other end. To mark this extraordinary day, she was treated to an ethereal day in the woods. Photographer Courtney Lovestrom introduces us to this remarkable young woman:
- 9 tablespoons of butter
- 12 cups of mini marshmallows
- 18 cups of rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups of marshmallow frosting
- Grease the insides of 6 inch round, 8 inch round, and 9 inch round pans. Carefully line with parchment paper, using the greased inside as the glue.
- In large saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of butter, stirring continuously so as not to burn. Add in 4 cups of marshmallows over low heat until fully melted and mixed with the butter. Then mix in 6 cups of the rice crispy treats. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the first lined pan and compact the treats as much as possible. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all of the pans are filled.
- Let set and cool for 1 to 2 hours. Carefully remove from the pans. Generously glob about 1/2 a cup of marshmallow frosting onto the center of a cake stand. Place the 9 inch tier on top of this and press down. Continue the tier bonding with the marshmallow frosting for the rest of the layers.
- Decorate the tiered cake with ribbon and flowers of your choice. Enjoy!