When you’re planning a large fete, it can be a bit overwhelming making enough food for the guests. With your plate already filled with tasks like cleaning, decorating, and hosting the event, you often need quick and easy solutions to the night’s bites. When I find myself in these situations, I like to turn to my trustworthy friend… mousse. The delectable dessert is easy to make in large quantities and a sure bet for a yummy treat. Plus, the versatile sweet can be topped with your hearts desire and served in anything from a shooter glass to a teacup. Take for instance today’s lovely boho chic baby shower. With a relaxed atmosphere, mousse is a perfect addition to the festivities. Read along as photographer Morgan Miller hashes out this fantastic shindig and bookmark our inspired Cheesecake Mousse recipe for your next affair: When Loren found out she was pregnant with a little girl, we all couldn’t wait to welcome her to our tribe of strong, intelligent, independent women. Thus, The Red Tent theme was chosen. Loren was showered in love, under a festive Red Tent, with copious amounts of geodes and crystals, fresh flowers and good friends. We wanted to provide a warm, loving environment for her to receive these amazing gifts of love from her nearest and dearest friends. We were so lucky to have so many creatives on her team. Angie from Small Batch handled all the delicious [gluten-free] snacks. Janay made her dress and helped create a cohesive look. Sarah helped with the favors, created a peaceful playlist and was that extra set of hands we all need when pulling off an event big or small. I created her floral crown, the center pieces, provided the space and photography. I’m happy to report that Grace Yarrow “graced” us with her presence August 6th. Mama and baby are happy healthy and well.
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 10 graham cracker cookies
- Crush the graham cracker cookies in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the ricotta cheese and mix until it becomes a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Fill a medium sized pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer. Place a glass mixing bowl inside the pot. Add the egg yolks and sugar into the bowl and cook until the sugar has dissolved.
- Slowly add the whipped mixture in with the yolk mixture, combining with a spatula.
- Pack the bottom of a shooter glasses with the crushed graham cracker cookies. Pour the cheesecake mousse on top of the cookie crust. Add your choice of topping. Chill for approximately 2 hours. Enjoy!
Photographer: Morgan Miller Photography//Dress Designer: Janay A Eco Bridal//Caterer: Moxie Catering//Ceremony Location: River Market Event Place//Bakery: SmallBatch KC// Submitted via Two Bright Lights