As summer comes to a close, we want to celebrate the last few moments of bright colors and warm weather. And what better way to do that than with vibrant Massachusetts nuptials. High School sweethearts Kelsey and David’s got married at Quonquont farm in rustic style. From the centerpieces to the invitations every thoughtful detail was beautifully handcrafted by the bride and groom. With a wonderfully vivacious yellow palette, we couldn’t help but think of a cool glass of Limoncello in the hot summer sun. So to commemorate the festivities, we’ve created a gluten free Limoncello cake recipe and hope it gets you in the spirit of the season’s dwindling days. But before you get to baking, check out Kelsey and David’s gorgeous warm weather nuptials…
- 1/4 cup of Limoncello
- 2 cups of all purpose gluten free flour (we recommend Cup4Cup)
- 1 cup of butter (melted)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8″ x 8″ cake pan and set aside. Zest the lemons and juice in preparation for the recipe.
- In a stand mixer, combine the melted butter, sugar, lemon zest, eggs, and lemon juice. Combine until well mixed and forms a lumpy curdle.
- Add the limoncello, flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixer. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes (or until fully cooked). Set aside to cool and enjoy!
Photographer: dani. fine photography // Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Men’s Wearhouse // Dress Store: Pearl Bridal Boutique // Event Venue: Quonquont Farm // Makeup Artist: Salon Advantages // Cinema and Video: Timeless Cinemas Submitted via Two Bright Lights NOTE: The recipe included in this post was inspired by the event featured and created by The Frosted Petticoat separately. The photography is not of the actual recipe included and solely represents the event featured.