Are you so over the Pinterest-worthy, hipster wedding? Looking to harken back to a more classic sophistication that doesn’t involve hours of DIY projects? Then look no further than today’s stunning real wedding. Becky and Tad married in classic black tie style this summer in Minnesota. A soft palette of creams and blushes accompanied a dapper atmosphere and even more dapper groom. Before we hear more from the event’s photographer, here’s a delicious recipe that would perfectly suit this delightful day:
- 3 tablespoons of dried rose petals
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter. Mix it in a stand mixer with the sugar until smooth (approximately 1 minute). Then add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl. Continue to mix.
- Change the mixer paddle to a dough hook or use a spatula to slowly incorporate the flour and almond flour into the mixer. Once dough has formed, sprinkle in the dried rose petals and lightly mix into the dough.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, roll out the dough until it is approximately 1 centimeter in thickness. Use a jar lid (size of your choice) to cut out circular cookies shapes from the rolled dough. Place the cutouts on the cookie sheets, approximately 1/2 inch apart. Continue this process until all the dough is used up.
- Put the cookie sheets in the oven and bake approximately 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Last month we had the privilege to photograph Becky and Tad’s beautiful St. Paul College Club wedding. As we were talking to them and planning their photography in the weeks prior, our excitement for their big day grew – we knew their wedding was going to be nothing short of amazing, filled with love and genuine emotions. Becky and her family did a great job planning – besides the fact that the wedding took place in one of our all the time favorite venues, the flower arrangements were stunning… they also had live jazz music as well! But our personal favorites from their wedding were the ceremony and speeches. During the ceremony, their love shined through their vows – you could feel it in the room as Becky and Tad promised to spend their lives together as they had tears in their eyes!
Photographer: Time Into Pixels Photography // Cake Designer: Buttercream Bakery // Event Venue: St. Paul College Club // Floral Designer: Wisteria Design Studio